Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even more new corals

Go down

Even more new corals Empty Even more new corals

Yesterday we went to another www.zeewater.info forum member, martin g, to look at some small coral fragments. We took most of what he offered, only the Ricordea Mushrooms and Kenya trees where left. The Ricordea Mushrooms seemed to be too big a bet at this moment, and the Kenya trees didn’t really look ok. But we got a lot of small fragments from other corals.

Our/my main goal was a blue mushroom, he had several of them but only one not attached to a rock. It still looks very small, but I think that as soon as it has attached to the rock it will grow to be as big as the other two. They also grew very fast, just hope the Shrimp or Crab don’t throw it of, or maybe the fish swim past it to fast. We will just wait and see how it will evolve.
Even more new corals DSC02864

Then we also saw a rather nice, and pretty big compared to the other fragments, piece of Encrusted Gorgonian (literal translation from Dutch, Ape Hair). We hope that will cover the back wall a bit. Yesterday when taking pictures it didn’t feel like showing yet, but this morning part of it was opened up.
Even more new corals DSC02870

We also picked out a small fragment of Frogspawn Coral, it opened up nice for the picture yesterday already, only this morning it seemed to be knocked over. We have to think how we can make it stand up, it’s a small stone so doesn’t really hold very well.
Even more new corals DSC02868

And last but not least we also got two fragments of starburst polyps. One of them still needs to attach to the rock so it has some rubberband around it, but the other is already attached. We put both at separate corners.
Even more new corals DSC02860
Even more new corals DSC02865

After we got the fragments we went to another member of the forums to buy an Osmosis device to create our own water. My girlfriend calculated that it was cheaper and it saves me from carrying those heavy Jerry cans :p

And together with the Corals and Anemone we bought gives a nice look already. Don’t mind the green sides, I only cleared the front window to take some quick pictures. Better ones will come soon Wink
Even more new corals DSC02872

And here is what we bought earlier:
Even more new corals DSC02859
Sinularia

Even more new corals DSC02861
Xenia

Even more new corals DSC02867
Toadstool

Even more new corals DSC02869
Anemone
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Even more new corals :: Comments

Post Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm  Josette

Thanks for putting the new photo's online.
I really like the way our aquarium looks now Laughing

Back to top Go down