Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Registration Tool

Go down

Call Registration Tool Empty Call Registration Tool

The idea for this tool began after getting a lot of problems and no way to register what I was doing. Also everything is delivered on paper, and everything is kept in archives which causes a lot of paper junk, and no way to easily find what you need. So I decided to start on my own call register system with everything in it that I want to search on or think is important.

My first start was to create a MS SQL database for registering all data. Currently that database consists of 23 tables. I also started using it, which is a lot of work still, but that is the next step, creating an interface to make that easier. And that is where the blog will pick up, the development of my Access frontend.

This project will feature programming in Access using VB and Access’s own tools and designing Query’s using MS SQL. The whole thing will be built up in modules, so hopefully slowly but surely things will be transferred from inserting directly in MS SQL to having an interface in which I can enter things and get reports.
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Call Registration Tool :: Comments

thierry

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm  thierry

Been messing around with Access but it doesn't seem to be doing what I would like it to do. The whole project will now turn into a PHP web version, something I have more experience with.

Back to top Go down