Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An update and new life

Go down

An update and new life Empty An update and new life

this was originally written 10 March 2010

Last weekend we bought a new piece of coral, Star Polyps, very bright and colourful. We also got another mushroom free which was just hanging around without a rock.
We put both in the aquarium now, the star polyps aren’t in a place yet where we want them, but the mushroom is. He didn’t really fold out yet, we located him next to the red mushroom.

The sea star has lost his leg now, it was hanging more loosely every day till Sunday he let it drop. Hopefully this doesn’t have any negative effect on the sea star itself. According to some sites a sea star can re-grow his leg/arm and from a loose leg/arm a new sea star can evolve. Small note is that the last part hardly ever happens in an aquarium. I don’t really think a new one will evolve from the arm also because the Cleaner Shrimp and Hermit Crab already started eating on it. But we will see what happens, not much we can do about it.

The bulb anemone has disappeared. Since the rocks moved some time ago allot of fish located themselves next to the anemone, and often hit it when swimming away. I guess this was the reason for the anemone to leave his spot and go somewhere else. Unfortunately we don’t know where his new location is yet.

Plans have started to rebuild the stones in the aquarium, make it higher and more suitable for Corals, since this was never the planning when we started. Currently we are looking for tips, ideas and suggestions on how this can be done. I hope to make a full report about it when we start…stay tuned Wink
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit