Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of February

Go down

End of February Empty End of February

On the 24th I decided to remove some of the Grape Algae, since it was growing more and more towards and into the Xenia. It seemed to be grown so far into it that it was hard to remove and while removing it I damaged some of the Xenia a bit, unfortunately. Not all of it was removed, so I have to keep a close eye onto it to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

The Urchin is still acting weird, climbing on rocks, staying above the sand most of the time. Going to keep a close eye on him as well, not sure what to do about it yet, if I even need to do anything about it.

In the morning on the 25th we noticed the skimmer stopped again, this is the third time in a year time. We couldn’t get it open to clean it, so I’m just going to bring it like this to the store and see what they do with it.
Luckily it wasn’t anything horrible, it worked again when I arrived at the store, of course you look pretty stupid when you claim something is not working and they just plug it in and it works :p

Also bought a Blue Sea Star the 25th, it attached itself to the overflow until we cleaned the aquarium, now it is hidden behind the rocks. You can barely see one of it’s arms reach above it.
Some general information about the Sea Star can be found in it's topic here.

The Urchin didn’t make it, we separated him the 25th from the others because he was loosing a lot of hair and didn’t move much anymore, 2 days later he passed away Sad. He shall be missed, since he was one of the first inverts to be introduced to the aquarium.
End of February Aquari10

On the 28th we did a full clean on the aquarium again, cleaned the windows, a lot of dirt of the rocks (missed a lot also) and removed some algae again. Also cleaned the sand since there was a lot of brown algae on it, now only some rocks still have this algae on it so we want to clean some more again soon.

New pictures aren’t available for this update, but I will make some soon, I promise Smile
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit