Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Added a Hermit Crab

Go down

Added a Hermit Crab Empty Added a Hermit Crab

Tuesday we bought a Hermit Crab, not sure about the exact species of Hermit, but it seems to have dark red legs and orange feelers. After slowly mixing the water we dropped him in the aquarium…only forgot he wasn’t a fish and sank to the bottom…but he survived the drop :p
Added a Hermit Crab DSC02403

He immediately started cleaning the sand while allot of the fishes where checking him out, especially the clown fishes where looking at him, as always with new inverts. But he didn’t let them bully him around, he just went on with his business.
Added a Hermit Crab DSC02406

Then after a while he started moving towards the rocks really slowly, and that’s when we stopped observing him.
Added a Hermit Crab DSC02410

Next morning I found him on the top rocks where he went back and forth, and still is. Walking over the buttons making them retract themselves and trying to get into the clam, or at least, that’s what it looks like.
Added a Hermit Crab DSC02416

Now we still need to find some new shells for him, which seems pretty hard. But I will find them, and if not then I just order them online in the US or something Wink

Also my girlfriend took a needle with hot water yesterday and injected the sea anemone, and it seemed to have worked. Till now there is not trace of him, so then only the small one remains, we hope the peppermint shrimps take care of that one for us. So hopefully soon the Sea Anemone topic can be closed!

More info about the Hermit Crab and more pictures of the inhabitants can, as always, be found in the designated topics Smile
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit