Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mushrooms Split

Go down

Mushrooms Split Empty Mushrooms Split

This weekend my girlfriend noticed something nice in the aquarium, underneath the oldest mushrooms there where two small ones. At first she blamed me for getting new corals without telling her, but then we figured the mushrooms (both red and green) split. The new ones don’t really have a solid colour yet, but I guess that is normal? One of them is turning red and the other green/red. I’m really happy about it (can’t tell right?).
Mushrooms Split DSC03154

The blue mushroom is getting more brownish spots on it. Still need to make a good picture of it to ask what it is and why it happens.

The new corals are doing great, except for one stone of buttons, they aren’t really opening up. Not sure what the reason is, maybe lack of light, maybe a fish that is bothering them? Or maybe it’s the mushroom that is bothering them? First try is going to be the fish, see if they do better after the Angelfish is removed.
Mushrooms Split DSC03178

The reason for removing the angelfish is the Xenia, we have reason to believe that he is eating it, and maybe that was also the reason out previous Xenia died. Since we don’t really want it to die we are going to try and catch the angelfish this week and move him into quarantine. I have posted an advertisement to sell him, but till now not much luck with that.
Mushrooms Split DSC03158

And about the brown plague we had, we think it is getting less. So this would mean the Salifert Coral Food or Trace Soft was responsible for this. A next action is not yet thought of, but I’m just glad that it is becoming less. Or maybe it was the frozen food, we haven’t given them that for two weeks also, yesterday was the first time again. Frozen mysis for the fish, frozen fish for the anemone and frozen “stuff” for corals. We will see if anything changes in the next few days.
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit