Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New light Frag Tank

Go down

New light Frag Tank Empty New light Frag Tank

A while ago I got my order in from Fish-Street containing the new light armature for the frag tank, the Aqua Japan T5HO. Unfortunately then I noticed it had an Australian power plug, fish-street offered me a converter for free, which was great service. Only thing was, I lost my patience and just wanted to start using it :p
Yesterday I went into the city and searched for a travelplug that could convert Australian to European plugs. Unfortunately this wasn’t a big success, even a specialized electronics shop didn’t have it. He suggested I just cut of the current plug and replace it with a European plug and so I did. It was very easy, there are three wires exposed when you cut of the plug, a brown one, a blue one and a green/yellow one. The last one is the earth wire, you need to keep that in mind when buying a new power plug.
In short time the plug was replaced and I put it in the power socket. The whole room got lid by the 4 T5 24 Watt tubes. The armature itself feels very light (and cheap), it comes with a couple of plastic supports to place it on the aquarium, which are rather hard to attach on the armature. But the price was very low, so can’t complain about it feeling cheap. It looks nice, and it works perfect so far. So far I’m very satisfied about it and would recommend it!
New light Frag Tank DSC04385
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit