Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First februari cleaning

Go down

First februari cleaning Empty First februari cleaning

First cleaning this month, and it was needed again. There was a lot of algae on the rocks that needed to be removed, so a new tactic for cleaning was needed (to make sure people didn’t get attacked by our clownfish). First I removed some Halimeda algae around the Red Mushroom to make sure he could grow again, unfortunately the male clownfish didn’t like me doing it very much, so he started to attack very early in the cleaning process (normally it takes a bit longer). So I still need to remove allot of it for the Red Mushroom to grow.
First februari cleaning DSC02401

The area around the Toadstool Mushroom is still a part where allot of things happen, like I said earlier the Toadstool Mushroom has some new parts growing out of his foot, these where only two a couple of weeks ago, but now there are three visible already and they are growing rather rapidly. Still not sure what to do with them, the way it looks now is that they will be in the way of each other if they continue growing, so I’m thinking of removing them to let them grow in another location. But when is a suitable time to do that and wouldn’t it damage the main coral.
First februari cleaning DSC02376

And then there is the sea anemone, growing below the Toadstool Mushroom, it is huge now and there is no trace of the peppermint shrimps for a long time. Even noticed another small sea anemone growing below his big father, but I hope the peppermint shrimps will take care of that one some day/night. But still I need to find a good way of killing the big sea anemone, injecting it didn’t work and is harder now since it is located in a small hard to reach area.
First februari cleaning DSC02377

Also all around the tank more sea fans show up, exact name is yet unknown but I think it is a feather duster (small) of some sort. They are nice to look at, so I don’t mind them showing up Smile
Maybe someone can help me out with finding the exact species, I got some ideas in the designated topic: https://thierry.forumotion.com/invertebrates-f29/unknown-feather-duster-t78.htm
First februari cleaning DSC02372

The buttons are also visible growing/expanding. There are more visible then last time, which is always a good sign. Hopefully they attach to the life rock soon too, maybe I can then start the colony on there since the rock they are on isn’t very stable.
First februari cleaning DSC02379

And this is how it looks now in total
First februari cleaning DSC02400

And here are some more highlights from the picture session on February 8, the other pictures can, as always, be found under the specific topic.
First februari cleaning DSC02371
First februari cleaning DSC02385
First februari cleaning DSC02391
First februari cleaning DSC02395
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit