Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning 19-10-2011

Go down

Cleaning 19-10-2011 Empty Cleaning 19-10-2011

Been some time since I have updated here, and to be honest also been a long time since we did a big cleaning on the aquarium. We had a busy period but hopefully we can get things more steady now.

First of we bought a couple of Kauderni’s on the 13th of October. After a long time we are going to give them another go. Good thing about these is that they have been in the aquarium in the aquarium store for some time already, so might make them stronger?
Cleaning 19-10-2011 DSC05271

Then the 19th I cleaned the aquarium big time. Cleaned the windows for the first time since 3 weeks, nice to see the fish again Smile. Picked out 4 loose mushrooms (2 red, 1 ricordea and 1 blue) and removed the rock we got the green buttons on long time ago. They weren’t doing very well anymore, probably because of the Kenya Tree next to it blocking the light. Hopefully the ones that remain on the old rock will recover and the ones that are still there will stay nice.
Cleaning 19-10-2011 DSC05275

Replaced the rock with buttons with the rock with red mushrooms that was below between the purple and ricordea mushrooms. Not that there are many mushrooms left on the rock, but hope that what remained will stay there.
Cleaning 19-10-2011 DSC05280

Also cut a branch from the Kenya Tree, hopefully this will stop the light being blocked from the buttons. Seems now that I cut the wrong branch, but we will see how things go now. I have put the branch on a rock in the fragtank now.
Cleaning 19-10-2011 DSC05281

And finally, an overview of how it looks now.
Cleaning 19-10-2011 DSC05287
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit