Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning + Anemone Splitting?

Go down

Cleaning + Anemone Splitting? Empty Cleaning + Anemone Splitting?

Tuesday I did a full cleaning of the RSM again and also started a little with the second aquarium. I dumped one bucket of water from the RSM into the 60 litre aquarium and also added some freshly made water to it till it was half full. Reason for this quick action was the big amount of Kenya trees we got again from our first Kenya Tree. I had put them in a small bowl, but of course this isn’t very ideal. I figured that putting them this way might give them a better chance of surviving.
Tonight someone is going to visit to buy some Kenya Tree(s) again, so slowly the RSM will be free from Kenya Tree fragments.
Also replaced the fourth light in the RSM, only 2 more to go now.

Yesterday when I got home late in the evening I noticed the light of the RSM was still on, while normally it should be off at that time. But I figured that maybe the timer was set wrong maybe, forgot to correct the time after cleaning maybe. Took a quick look in the aquarium, everything looked ok, only the anemone was deflated…well…that happens.
Went into the living room to say hello to my wife, but she immediately send me away to look at the anemone. When I took a closer look it seemed that a part of it was wrapped around the rock, even being visible on the bottom of the rock. Also its mouth looked like someone torn it apart. It looked a bit like my toadstool did just before it died.
Immediately looked on the internet for pictures about Anemones splitting and found one which did look a bit like what we had. To be sure I asked on the forums to see if I wasn’t mistaking, and there I also got a confirmation that it was splitting. So soon there will be 2 Anemones in our RSM, only problem will probably be getting one out…to be continued.
Cleaning + Anemone Splitting? DSC04279
Cleaning + Anemone Splitting? DSC04280
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit