Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning - End of Aiptasia?

Go down

Cleaning - End of Aiptasia? Empty Cleaning - End of Aiptasia?

Yesterday evening it was time for another cleaning round. As always cleaning is paired with trying to kill sea and majano anemones. The big sea anemone was first, and even though I’m pretty sure I hit him he moved back. Well first try couple of the majano anemones, but these are all hidden pretty good and are hard to reach, so I didn’t get all of them.
Then it was time for another attempt at the sea anemone, and each time he moved back a bit and then showed himself again…he was taunting me! Well I wasn’t going to let me got beaten by an anemone. So another attempt, and there went my syringe…or at least the tip of it. I could see it behind a rock, I needed to get it out since it was a sharp metal object. First moved the tube worm and then tried to get behind the rock, but trying to get there I bumped the rock noticing that it wasn’t supporting the rocks above like we thought! And this was the rock on which the sea anemone was attached!
So the next step was simple, get the rock out, pour boiling water over the spot where the sea anemone was located…and while I was at it remove some red hair algae. When everything looked pretty clean I moved the rock back into the aquarium and that should take care of the sea anemone plague!

After that the real cleaning started. Cleared a bucket with hair algae and some water :p. New water in the aquarium, and when that was done I decided to replace the first of 6 light tubes. I started with the front one, and within 2 weeks the one after that will be done. But for now only a 10k Kevin tube was replaced, but already this makes a huge difference.
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit