Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning november 2010 - An update

Go down

Cleaning november 2010 - An update Empty Cleaning november 2010 - An update

Last weekend we cleaned the aquarium again, and considering the two birthdays we had I decided to just give an update on how everything is looking now.

The fish are all doing fine, the birthday boy (Foxface) is still swimming around happily. He had a period in which he was more scared but now he is eating from my hand again, so everything is turning back to normal.
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04021

Only one that gives some concern again is the Blue Tang. I noticed a white spot on her body again, this time I was able to capture it on photo. She doesn’t seem to be bothered by it and still acts as normal, but I will try to get someone to identify this.
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04019

Corals are also doing fine, they are growing rapidly except for the Xenia. One rock is already empty now and the other rock seems to be losing branches too. Guess it’s just not meant to be for our aquarium. Maybe in a later stage I will give it another try, but for now I will just keep it at this.

The mushrooms have the most going on at this point. Many things keep happening with them and of course there are also my little experiments with them.
The oldest mushrooms are doing great, nothing wrong with them. The green mushrooms on my second mushroom rock are in a bit of trouble, one of them is being overgrown by the red mushroom and has moved a bit.
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04026
Then we have the red/brownish mushrooms (for whom I have to rethink the colour :p). They are growing everywhere now. I thought I lost most of them, but one of them appears now between the purple mushroom rock, another grows underneath the Soft Coral, one is between the purple mushrooms and the Ricordea mushrooms and I have one in a shot glass to attach to rock. So only one is missing now.
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04027
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04034
And then there are the experiments, the purple mushroom I cut loose from a rock has attached itself to a piece of rock together with a part of the red mushroom I cut in half. Both look great!
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04030
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04036

And another coral which is filling up the aquarium is the Kenya Tree. All fragments I intercepted are now attached to rocks and are growing up nicely. I started looking for new owners for them, so who knows what I can get for them Smile
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04043
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04045
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04046
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04047

The Sea Anemone is still there, we tried to kill it again together with the Majano Anemones, but without much success unfortunately. The Majano Anemones only have one more left though, so that was successful.
Cleaning november 2010 - An update DSC04060

thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit