Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sand Sifting Sea Star

Go down

New Sand Sifting Sea Star Empty New Sand Sifting Sea Star

Friday our new Sand Shifting Sea Star arrived. We immediately brought it with us and introduced it into the aquarium. Hopefully he can help the Urchin with cleaning the sand, since it really is necessary now.
New Sand Sifting Sea Star DSC02953

The Flagellates are back again, or maybe they are just Red Algae. The sand is now pretty much covered with it, and it’s slowly moving upwards. The Xenia already seems to have some in its tentacles. After some searching and researching on the internet I found that there was a potion against Flagellates, and if it was because of high Silicate it could be helped by bringing up the KH. So with the information I found I went to our aquarium shop, after some discussion they suggested another potion, Mycosidol, a product by Colombo. It’s said to help against Red Algae and doesn’t influence other marine life. We are going to try it tonight, so then we will see if it is Red Algae or if it’s Flagellates that we have in the aquarium.

Other then that everything is going nicely. The corals are still growing, the fishes are doing fine and the invertebrates are also enjoying themselves.
It even seems that the small rock we cut loose from the Kenya Tree is starting to grow a new Kenya Tree on it. I’m now going to give it its own topic, so we can see the progress of this small fragment.
New Sand Sifting Sea Star DSC02961
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit