Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 2 2010

Go down

June 2 2010 Empty June 2 2010

Tuesday I cleaned the windows again to make some pictures. I also asked my dad if I could borrow his camera to make some nice video of the aquarium next day.
I also moved the Frogspawn coral, which had fallen down. Didn’t think it would do very well on its side, so now I put it in between two rocks.
June 2 2010 DSC02899

Next day I started with setting up the camera before the lights went on. I want to make movies of corals opening on a new day, the first one I tried to do this for are the Star Polyps. I haven’t seen the result yet and the movie(s) need to be edited first, but I hope to have all of the movies done soon. Also recorded some overview shots and followed some fishes, invertebrates and corals through the camera. But like I said, all needs to be edited a bit before posting them. So be patient for the results.

Then some news from the “hospital beds”. The Kenya tree seems to be recovering. It already moved from a downwards position to a horizontal position, and some brown extensions are visible again. Of course we will have to keep an eye on this.
June 2 2010 DSC02896

Then some bad news, it seems the Sea Anemones are back. Tuesday I spotted one on the mushroom rock, and yesterday I spotted 3/4 more. Going to treat the rock soon, but just careful with the Mushrooms on it.
June 2 2010 DSC02905

Yesterday I also went to a pet store here in the city. Not specialized in salt water, but they do have it. Unfortunately they didn’t have what I was looking for. I wanted a test set for Silicon and some frozen food for the Anemone, but they didn’t have any of it. They did however have a lot of corals, but the prizes scared me. A piece of Xenia like the one I have now costs 75 euro and it was half the size of the one I have bought.
Hope to get a call from our usual aquarium dealer, he still has a new Urchin and Sea star in order. And both of them are very welcome, since the sand is very dirty. And then we will see if they have food and a test set for Silicon.

I did do some tests, not for Silicon, but for the other values at least. Phosphate is still at 0.03, KH is still low at 6, PH is 8, Ammonia is unchanged and no Nitrate still. One I am worried about a little is the Nitrite level that is now 0.1. We added some bacteria yesterday to deal with this, hope they will do their job well.

And here some of the pictures, more as always can be found in the sub topics.
June 2 2010 DSC02908
June 2 2010 DSC02916
June 2 2010 DSC02920
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit