Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New corals

Go down

New corals Empty New corals

Yesterday we went to a forum member chriszuid from www.zeewaterforum.info to look at some corals he was offering. He had a rather large list with pieces that looked very nice, just didn’t send any pictures or prices in advance so it was a bit of a gamble.

We arrived a bit early and he arrived rather late. His wife showed us the aquarium a bit, which was a very nice aquarium. Most of the pieces for sale would come out of that aquarium, so we had a glimpse of what was for sale already. Some where already reserved, and the list he send wasn’t really up to date, but we saw some nice pieces.

When chriszuid arrived we started discussing what we wanted, one of the first things we got to was a Bubble Anemone. Wasn’t on the list, but he had a nice one in his aquarium, and we heard he had 3 more in the back in an aquarium. Since my girlfriend really wanted one…and so did I for that matter, the choice was easy. The anemone came on a rather big rock and was pretty big itself. Second piece both me and my girlfriend agreed on was a piece of Sinularia. Pretty big nice piece that we both liked. I also liked the Xenia he had, it was bigger then what we had before but came in two colours on one rock. And finally we also took the little Toadstool he had. It was the reason we wanted to take a look…but I thought it would be bigger also. He also had a nice purple coloured Devil’s Hand, but it was all closed so we decided not to take it…my girlfriend had no idea how it would look when it was opened, and the fact it wasn’t opened made us careful.

We got home pretty late so we put everything in with the lights out, but I think it will look nice the way we put them now. The Anemone is where we had our big toadstool in mind, front right. The rock there has moved to the top now. The Xenia is also on the top, next to the rock where the Kenya tree is located. The Sinularia is now between a couple of rocks, which looks very nice (I think). And the Toadstool was put on top next to the starpolyps.
This morning I found that someone disagreed on the way we put everything, because the toadstool was thrown down on the ground, so now it moved between a couple of rocks above the anemone.

Pictures will come some other time, tonight we are checking some other persons from the same forum. One has some small fragments of corals and some mushrooms in blue colour and the other has a Osmosis device for sale, which would be nice since I wouldn’t have to drag big cans of water around then. Don’t know if I will be able to take pictures tonight as well, since the aquarium window is covered in algae and this weekend will also be difficult. But there will be pictures at some point Wink
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit