Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My history with Need For Speed

Go down

My history with Need For Speed Empty My history with Need For Speed

My experience with Need For Speed goes back to the very first release so many years ago. It was from the first version I was already hooked to the game and I hardly missed a part.

Everything started with the Special Edition of Need for Speed, back when games came in big cardboard boxes. Some time after that a second version came, which I also bought in Special Edition version. But the version that really got me hooked was the third one, Hot Pursuit. Racing against my brother, downloading new cars and making new cars and tracks myself. But the best part was the ability to add new cars, without having to mess up the game.
Some time after that the fourth part was released Road Challenge (High Stakes in US), and this had all the good things from part 3 but added damage models…awesome. A new favourite was born!
After that Porsche 2000 was released, I got the game but never bothered playing it actually. It’s still sealed between the other games. The next release, Hot Pursuit 2, was one I did play more often, but it missed the nice features of the earlier versions.

Need for Speed Underground was released, and was the first game with the tuning scene implemented. Something I always liked in games was the ability to customize them, so this was a great game from the start. I have made dozens of cars, all with different colours, bumpers etc.
Underground 2 was released, and offered even more new options. Now creating a nice looking car became more important. And you could drive around the city without having to race!
Most Wanted introduced pursuit modes back in, something that was also a great addition. But the visual tuning became less important. It was the first need for speed game I actually played online against people I didn’t know.
Carbon was a short trip for me, never finished the game, mostly because a lack of time.

ProStreet is one I still don’t have, but the next version, Underground, I got first for the Wii and this year also for PC. It’s the one I am currently playing and want to finish :p

Of course now already 2 games are released and one more is coming soon. Not sure if I will start with Nitro and Shift, but the upcoming Need for Speed World sounds like a fun game…who knows!
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit