Thierry's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 Empty Attack

Post  thierry Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Yesterday my wife injected the anemones with boiling water. Hopefully this will make an end to their lives.
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 Empty Bought Firefish and 2 Peppermint Shrimps

Post  thierry Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 am

Not all of them got killed unfortunately and the Nudibranches where not avaibable through the aquarium store. They did have Peppermint shrimps, so we decided to give them another try.
Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 DSC03961
Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 DSC03972
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 Empty Cleaning november 2010

Post  thierry Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:07 pm

The peppermint shrimps seem to be doing their job very well. Only one more remains, but this one is rather big so we need to kill that one by hand I guess. Unfortunately it keeps coming back no matter how much boiling water we inject into him.
Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 DSC04060
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 Empty Cleaning - End of Aiptasia?

Post  thierry Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 am

During the cleaning yesterday I had another attempt at the sea anemone that still remained. My first attempt was in vain, and even the ones after that didn’t have any effect. Each time he moved back a bit and then showed himself again…he was taunting me! Well I wasn’t going to let me got beaten by an anemone. So another attempt, and there went my syringe…or at least the tip of it. I could see it behind a rock, I needed to get it out since it was a sharp metal object. First moved the tube worm and then tried to get behind the rock, but trying to get there I bumped the rock noticing that it wasn’t supporting the rocks above like we thought! And this was the rock on which the sea anemone was attached!
So the next step was simple, get the rock out, pour boiling water over the spot where the sea anemone was located…and while I was at it remove some red hair algae. When everything looked pretty clean I moved the rock back into the aquarium and that should take care of the sea anemone plague!
thierry
thierry

Back to top Go down

Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aiptasia diaphana (sea anemone)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2