Fragtank Mk2 completed

Go down

Fragtank Mk2 completed

Yesterday I’ve put the final hands on the fragtank, it is now completely running with the sump and is fully equipped for frags but also for other life. From reefracks I made a nice looking construction that gives the tank 3 floors. This way I can put frags that need much light higher then the ones that don’t need much light. As a test I put in a small piece of Star Polyp bound to a small rock using rubber bands.

Since the work on the crab tank is going very slow and I wanted to clear the sump and make it as it should be I decided to divide the fragtank in two halves, one being like described above, and the other has a nice construction of life rock where the crabs will be placed together with other small life forms. The idea is that they can’t mess up frags this way.

At our regular aquarium shop I bought 2 small hermit crabs which I don’t know the exact species of yet. One of them will be cleaning the fragtank and the other is running around in the sump in the life rock area.

Before placing the hermit in the sump I removed the Mud crab which was still located in that part of the sump and moved him up to the new area in the fragtank.

View user profile

Back to top Go down